THE LOST GIRL
THE LOST GIRL is a full-length musical for adults. Lyrics and book by Arianna Rose; music and book by Ben Bonnema. The most recent draft of THE LOST GIRL was completed in March 2019.
Set in 1909 London, THE LOST GIRL reconnects with Wendy, Michael and John Darling and the Lost Boy Tootles 25 years after their fantastical adventures in Neverland. Wendy is a recent widow raising her 9-year-old daughter Jane. Peter Pan and their adventures are long forgotten, merely a story their mother used to tell them, till unmistakable signs present themselves to the siblings, forcing them all to confront whether or not they were ever really there and why it still matters. The Suffrage Movement is in full swing at that time, led by the Australian trail-blazer Muriel Matters. Wendy begins an affiliation with Suffragettes that ultimately leads to her independence as a woman and mother, balancing her memories of her time in Neverland with the opportunities that await her in this new world for women.
THE LOST GIRL DEVELOPMENT HISTORY: READINGS AND WORKSHOPS
THE LOST GIRL – Lyrics and Book by Arianna Rose, Music and Book by Ben Bonnema
• Chosen from over thirty musicals for staged reading, VITERBO NEW WORKS FESTIVAL, Wisconsin, February 2019 Dir. Matthew S. Campbell
• Chosen for a staged reading, NYU Steinhardt School of Music Nov. 2015
• Chosen from over sixty musicals, Equity staged reading at the Buck Hill Skytop Music Festival in Aug 2015, overseen by Board members Tony Kushner and Julianne Moore (Dir. Lisa Clarson)
• Equity Staged Reading in Hamburg, Germany in April 2015, Phantom of the Opera theater
• Chosen from over 18 musicals for year-long CDP Workshop culminating August 2013, Frederick Loewe Theatre NYC
• Equity reading, NYU Tisch Graduate Musical Theatre Writing Program, May 2012 dir. West Hyler
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE LOST GIRL, CONTACT US BELOW: